The year was 1941, pre-independent India. Stephen Andrew had obeyed the call to the full time ministry a few years earlier and he pioneered the first Tamil Pentecostal work in Bangalore which is now the Full Gospel Church in India.
S. A. George, the eldest son of Stephen Andrew took on the leadership after the death of his father. He enlarged the vision of the church to the rural and certain tribal areas in South India. He helped in the expansion of the church to transform it into a denomination that it is today. God helped him establish 103 ministry centres during his 37 years of stewardship.
Today, we have over 346 ministry centers in three states of India reaching people with the love of Christ. In obedience to the great commission, the Full Gospel Church in India seeks to fulfill the challenges laid before it to evangelize the community and establish local Churches through discipleship.
From 1941 to this day, we stand on 76 years of God’s faithfulness. Apart from the main church we have two branches in Bangalore but our operations are focused on the rural areas of the Southern States of Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh.